Monday 24 October 2011

I love it here, it is paradise.

I love the ladies ponds, for me, they are a haven, a sanctuary from the rest of London and it's madness. The humming is like sweet music. The melody of nature. The ladies pond itself set amongst the other Highgate ponds is by far the most beautiful. It's deep oval expanse lines with aged trees, the edges interspersed with irises and floating lilly pads. The water is a deep shade of green and feels like icy velvet against your skin as your naked body glides through its expanses. You could be anywhere. 360* degrees and there are no visible signs you are in London, just towering trees and grassy meadows. The scattering of floating rings ofter become floating islands for fucks and p-hens to nest upon, so that in spring and early summer you get to swim alongside little ducklings. Utter bliss.

Then there are the two meadows, one on a gently sloping grassy verge frames with tall trees, overlooking the ladies swimming pong. The other on a slightly steeper slope, but with the most perfect pastoral view over the duck ponds, the fishing ponds and the men's pond, a landscape filled with green, the lush green of the trees, gently dancing in the brease The comforting bright green of the grassy planes surrounding the ponds and the deep dark green of the ponds themselves, enveloped by the bright blue-white of the summer sky, reflected in places in the still darkness of the water.

As I am writing this I glance up and a dragonfly is resting on the calf of a woman sun bathing ahead of me . What a treat to have the most elegant insects grace your person with it's landing. I wonder if that is the same dragon fly I watched dart and dance about whilst I was perched upon a float, resting after swimming some lengths in the icy depths. I watch it dart about the floating lilly pads, amongst the low hanging branches of the trees, and wind about the tall stems of the irises, diving down low enough to just ski the surface of the water then up up again towards the heavens and out of sight. I love it here it is paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment